Friday, July 24, 2009

Deepika Padukone in Anjana Sukhani's dress

anjana sukhani
anjana sukhani

Just like their exquisite self, screen divas usually mantian exclusivity when it comes to wardrobes that only flaunts designer wears which obviously are exclusive creations. But what happens when two actresses discover that their outfits resemble each other’s? Anjana Sukhani of `Jashnn’ found herself in Deepika Padukone’s dress – the one she has worn in the movie `Love Aaj Kal’. Apparently, both girls representing the modern era and sporting the latest hot modes in their respective movies have worn similar blue dresses.

Anjana Sukhani took this as a compliment rather. “I was like ‘Wow!’ She’s a great actress, of course. Funnily, I have the same dress as part of my personal wardrobe, and my stylist Ashish Dwyer co-incidentally picked the same Jane Norman outfit from London for the movie”

Ashish, her designer reveled, “I usually prefer designing clothes and getting them stitched for films. This time, however, I took on a styling job – putting outfits, accessories, jewelery together... And voila, we suddenly find that Anjana Sukhani and Deepika Padkone have worn exactly similar outfits in the movies. What do I say to that? I’m glad `Jashnn’ released first. But on a more serious note, I think henceforth I’d like to get the clothes tailored. That way, I’ll guard my exclusivity.”

When we got in touch with Love Aaj Kal designer, Anaita Shroff, she calmly stated, “Well, I haven’t seen Jashnn, but yes, it may happen, as we stylists could sometimes shop from the same stores... So it’s no big deal; a pure co-incidence. As long as I have been true to the character Deepika Padukone has portrayed in Love Aaj Kal, it doesn’t worry me. Also, a dress looks different on different people. Deepika carries off her clothes well, she looks subdued and elegant in what she’s wearing. So as long as she is looking good, and her attire fits her character and the movie, I’m fine with it all.”

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin