Thursday, July 23, 2009

Love is the Stabilizing Factor in My Life: Shahana Goswami

jashn movie
jashn movie

“Rock On!!” girl Shahana Goswami may be playing a neurotic and emotionally unstable woman in ‘Jashn’ but the actress says that love has brought stability in her real life.

Shahana, who is dating model-actor Milind Soman, is happy with her personal life.

“My relationship has been a stablizing factor in my life and I am very happy right now,” the 23-year-old actress said.

When asked about rumors of living-in and engagement, Shahana says she is not even thinking about the future.

“I don’t think about future. I am enjoying every moment of it and that’s what matters,” she says.

Making her debut with a small role in Naseeruddin starrer “Yun Hota To Kya Hota” in 2006, Shahana has come a long way with films like “Rock On” and “Firaaq”.

The actress, who won critics’ choice award for Best Actress at Filmfare awards “Rock On!!”, is happy with the adulation that has come her way in the very beginning of her career but says it is a continuous struggle to come true to people’s expectations.

“So far my career has gone very well, but it is not easy. You have lots of expectations. The industry has been very friendly to me but it is an onward struggle to get the right kind of projects,” Shahana says.

Shahana will be next seen in “Jashn”. The musical and hopes that the movie will find its place with its “meaningful coming of the age” theme.

“I play the role of a woman, who is stuck in her relationship with an industrialist. She is emotionally and financially dependent on the man. Her struggle to get self-respect makes her push her brother to achieve meaning in his life, which becomes a burden for him.”

Shahana says that playing the role of an emotionally disturbed woman was “exhausting mentally and physically”.

“It was difficult role in the sense that it is very intense and my character in the film is full of energy and very emotional. It was a draining experience but Bhattji helped us to get in touch with our emotional sides,” she says.

Coming from an non-filmi background has not hampered Shahana’s growth in the industry and her theatrical background has helped her land meaningful roles but she has no plans to be tagged as a serious actress.

“I don’t want to do meaningless commercial films neither do I want to be tagged as a parallel cinema actress. My goal here is to break these boundaries,” she says.

Apart from ‘Jashn’ Shahana is also looking forward to her role in Sudhir Mishra’s ‘Tera Kya Hoga Johnny’ and Vinay Shukla’s ‘Mirch’.

“I have a small but substantial role in ‘Tera Kya Hoga Johnny’. I play a woman caught between two men. She has a loving husband but she has a previous relationship and finds it difficult to balance herself between the two,” Shahana says.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin