Friday, August 7, 2009

Rakhi Chooses Canadian Businessman in Reality Show

rakhi
rakhi

MUMBAI (PTI) — Bollywood star Rakhi Sawant may have chosen NRI businessman Elesh Parujanwala as her life partner Aug. 2 but the Toronto native said that he will only marry the controversial “item girl” when he is able to support her financially.

Describing the win as God’s destiny, he said that he had the intuition that he would be the chosen one.

“I had seen this image before that I am going to marry Rakhi. I just knew it. I was 99 per cent sure, but that one per cent depended on Rakhi. It was Rakhi’s decision ultimately,” he said.

“I didn’t marry Rakhi yesterday on the spot not because I am unsure about her. I am doubly sure about Rakhi, and I am committed to her. But at this stage I cannot support her financially. I need some time to establish my business,” he said.

Parujanwala, who beat the two other finalists from Delhi, Chittiz Jain and Manas Katyal, said that he is least bothered about his fiancee’s “item-girl” image.

“I like everything about Rakhi. I am not bothered about her so-called item-girl image,”

he said, adding that he would like his wife to continue her career post marriage.

So when will the couple tie the knot? “There is no fixed calendar for our marriage. It can

take five days, five months, or even a year,” Elesh said and added that they both need time to get to know each other.

The shock and awe strategy of “Rakhi Ka Swayamvar” ally seems to have paid off for NDTV Imagine, as the show earned the channel its highest viewership since its launch in January 2008 and a TRP of 6.3.

The show, which aired its first episode June 29 with a TRP of 3.5, made headlines with its out-of-the-box concept. “We had high hopes from the show, but it has outdone

our expectations,” Nikhil Madhok, vice president for marketing, NDTV Imagine, told PTI.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin